This skill checks if you have any winning UK premium bonds.
In order to check for wins the skill needs your premium bond holder number.
Your premium bonds are grouped under a single holder’s number. The holder number is not the same thing as the actual premium bond numbers you have!
The holder number is either 10 or 9 digits, or 8 digits followed by a letter.
Once you have your holder number, say "Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to register holder". The skill will then ask for your holder number.
Speak the holder number as individual digits, don't leave long gaps between the words or Alexa will not understand you, so be quick but clear. If there's a letter at the end of your holder number and Alexa struggles to understand, you can use the phonetic alphabet e.g. Kilo for K, Bravo for B etc.
Once you've registered your holder number with the skill, which you only need to do once, you can check for wins by saying "Alexa, Ask Bond Checker have I won".
If there is a problem verifying your holder number or an error is reported, you can check that your holder number is valid by entering it into the NS&I prize checker website at https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker
You can repeat the registration process at any time if you want to change the holder number by saying "Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to register holder".
If you want to verify the registered holder number then say "Alexa, Ask Bond Checker what is my holder number".
You can also receive automatic notifications of future prize draw outcomes by saying "Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to turn notifications on"
You'll then be asked at what time of day you want to receive the notification, this is a UK local time.
If you're using the skill outside of the UK then bear in mind that the notification time must be a UK local time!
A notification will then be sent out on the day when each months draw results are available, this is typically the second working day of each month.
Notifications cause the Alexa device lights to pulse yellow, and can be read by saying "Alexa, read notifications".
If you want to stop future notifications say "Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to turn notifications off".
Currently the skill only allows one holder number to be supplied, future versions may allow multiple holder numbers.
• Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to register holder Asks for your holder number, this is necessary in order to check your prize winnings. You only need register your holder number once, the skill will remember it. Can be used at any time to change the existing registered holder number.
• Alexa, Ask Bond Checker have I won Checks for wins in this months draw.
• Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to check my history Checks for wins in the six months prior to the current draw.
• Alexa, Ask Bond Checker what is my holder number Repeats the holder number which has been registered with the skill.
• Alexa, Ask Bond Checker to turn notifications on/off Either enables notifications of future prize draw outcomes or disables existing notifications.
This skill is an independent creation and is not published by UK NS&I.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Voice App Perf consolidates all the metrics of the Google Assistant and Alexa voice app stores. You can evaluate and compare all the apps on the market and also track your competitors’ trends and developments.