Yamaha MusicCast is a multi-room audio system that lets you access all of your music from a simple app and wirelessly stream it throughout your home. MusicCast is built into a wide range of Yamaha audio products, including AV receivers, stereo receivers, sound bar, turntables, and wireless speakers.
You can now control your MusicCast devices with voice commands using Alexa. Here are some commands you can try:
"Alexa, turn on the Kitchen." "Alexa, turn up the volume on Den." "Alexa, mute the Garden." "Alexa, unmute the Patio." "Alexa, switch input to HDMI 1 in the Living Room." "Alexa, stop the Kitchen."
You can also play Amazon-supported streaming services like Amazon Music or Deezer by using voice commands with your Amazon Echo device. PLEASE NOTE: The MusicCast SUB 100 and any other MusicCast products launched prior to 2018 do not support this feature.
You can try the following commands using room names specified and configured within the MusicCast Controller app: "Alexa, play jazz music in the Kitchen." "Alexa, what's playing in the Bedroom?"
To get started:
1. From within the MusicCast app, follow the "Add a new device" setup process for all MusicCast devices. It is recommended that you choose from the default room name list in the MusicCast app (each room should have a different name). During the setup process, you will be prompted to create or log in to a Connect ID account (NOTE: this is different than Yamaha My Account on usa.yamaha.com).
2. Complete the "Alexa Setup" process under the MusicCast app Settings menu to link all devices with your Connect ID account. You may need to create a new Connect ID account if you don't already have one.
3. Select the "Enable Skill" button in the Alexa App to sign in and link to your Connect ID account.
4. Perform Device Discovery by saying "Alexa, Discover Devices" or through the Alexa App by selecting Menu > Smart Home > Devices > Discover.
To use the scene function, register a scene in Alexa using the following procedure: ※At least one Room Preset must be setup before an Alexa scene can be assigned.
1. Update the MusicCast Controller app. 2. In the MusicCast Controller app, open the Rooms screen. 3. Press the Room Presets icon at the bottom righthand corner of the screen. 4. Press the Alexa icon displayed at the bottom of the screen. 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to register the scene with the Alexa app. 6. Check that a new scene has been registered from the Alexa app.
The setting is now complete. For example, by commanding "Alexa, turn on Room Preset 1," you can now request the room preset which corresponds to your assigned scene.
Supported Devices: All MusicCast devices introduced since 2015 https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/audio_visual/musiccast/index.html
The Voice App Perf consolidates all the metrics of the Google Assistant and Alexa voice app stores. You can evaluate and compare all the apps on the market and also track your competitors’ trends and developments.